Some MUCH needed rest and a few things going up on the walls

So after busting our behinds over the last nearly 3 months (wow!), this past week we took it easier.  There was some more painting that doesn't show up as much progress in photos, some tinkering, cleaning, etc.

My proudest accomplishment was putting up the shelving system I had from my old apartment in DC to house all our books and such in the sitting room.


There is nothing fun about wrangling together the separate uprights, back braces and shelves themselves and there was some creative engineering. But I'm certainly proud of myself.  Now we just need to secure it to the wall before we start loading in all the books and curios.

Additionally, since we actually have a land line (it's a VOIP line that came bundled with the internet package), I was able to pull out my ancient so very 90s phone and we can use the same hook on the wall that was already there! Look kids, it's our own family dinosaur!


We took off for a few days to go up to northern PA and visit Morris's very small home town that definitely punches above its weight on fireworks. Galeton is very proud to be the top fireworks in PA and my little cell phone pictures just don't quite convey it. It was easily the longest display I've seen in person and was a lot fun surprises, and the location on the small lake in the center of town set in a valley to reflect all the booms is pretty darn perfect.



Hope you had a good 4th of July, whatever you did, and we'll be back with more excitement, including MOVING ALL THE BOXES!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Herculean feats of strength

Things are slowing down - photographically

Rain, rain, go away!